Friday, January 16, 2009

Part of me says.. :)

Assalamualaikum :)

I sincerely don't know what to be when I grow up when I was at school. People kept telling me about engineering, medicine, erm..n dat's it. I don't see any other option other than those two. 1 day near SPM, my teacher came to our class and all of a sudden he gave this suggestion of why not be a teacher. I never thought of that, but I certainly know dat I DONT wanna be a teacher. Dunno why though. So I continued my journey as a student without any plan for the future, pretty scary huh?huhu..

After SPM, well, with my result, though it's not that good, still I'm able to apply for several scholarships, including 1 of my personal fav, Petronas. I don't know why I love Petronas back then, maybe it's the symbol of how Malaysian could also be a world player in global economy, and Petronas is a well known organization for recruiting engineers. It's like entering a whole new corporate world when you're associated with Petronas, well, that's what I thought then :).

Then my parents saw this advert from MARA. They wanna send people overseas to be teachers. I'm not into this at first, but at that time, I have this mentality of applying all scholarships that I'm eligible to. Never thought to be called by MARA for interview though. Still, my hopes are still high for Petronas.

Few months later, after series of interviews, I got offers from both Petronas n MARA. Oh how I'm glad at that time. I made up my mind to go for Petronas, at UTP. I was like ignoring the offer from MARA, not that I'm not interested to the offer, it's just my attention is more towards Petronas at that time. Furthermore, my father leaves the decision making to me, so, go-go Petronas!!

A week before enrolling into KMS (MARA enrollment was a week earlier than Pet's), I got into this conversation with my father. I'm not quite remember what's been talked that night, the thing I remember the most was he asked me of what i'll be chasing if I accept Petronas' offer (i.e. to be an engineer i'Allah). Is it money?fame?wealth?adventure?all?. If these are the things for me, he said they're just worldly, n wont last long. He doesn't want me to be preoccupied with all these all my life. He reminded me that there will be a world after this world ends. If these are the things that I wanna chase all my life, he then prefered me to live my life modestly. It's alrite not to be as rich as possible, the more important thing is to not be as poor in religious matter. He then asked me to think about being a teacher, taking the offer from MARA.

To cut the story short (the story of I don't know what to expect from IB, the friggin experience from my IB life in KMS, well, that's another story to tell..hehe :)), I took the offer from MARA. I don't wanna be a teacher, I dunno why, that's why I took my preparation programme lightly. By the time I realized my mistakes, it was kinda too late for me. KMS certainly thought me a lot. The spirits the teachers gave for their students, how the teachers struggle to teach us in English, the passion and the will to help us, really hit my brain somewhere, that I thought to myself, I wanna be at least in par with em. That's when I really wanna be a teacher. To me, a teacher doesn't only teach formally, a teacher shapes his students, a teacher guides his students, a teacher is like a mentor for his students. A teacher is a teacher. The scope of the word teach shouldn't be restricted to the formal activities in class. Teach is a rich word, that only a person without enough understandings, would, unfortunately, underestimate a person called teacher. Only a person without enough awareness on how big and heavy the responsibility he bears, would underestimate his 'work' as a teacher, and give bad name to this profession.

Well, apart from that, people asked me, why do I want to continue this programme (to be a teacher). I told em that I owe a great debt to MARA. This is somewhat my way to return their favour. This is one of the ways which I can directly contribute towards Islam and my fellow nation. It's somewhat sadden me to know that there're people in this programme still don't have the passion to be a teacher. This programme is like a stepping stone for their 'future'. I don't give a damn on your plannings, really, just don't underestimate people who are willing to devote their lives into this profession!

Do I have any other plans for my life apart from teaching one might ask. Well, I'm a MARA product, what else do you expect? "Keusahawanan Kerjaya Pilihan" :). I'd love to be involved in agricultural sector. From veges to livestocks. I wanna contribute to the society; provide jobs, and to be an active contributor for Halal products. My long term target is to erase all the uncertainties our fellow muslims had for the existing products. So that we don't have to worry no more as the foods we had will be Halal and good (halaalan Toyyiba). That's why I'm very happy if I heard there're Muslims who involved in this sector and succeeded :). May His blessings and wealth be with you, amiin :D. How do I achieve this dream?well, let's just let this dream be a dream, FOR NOW, for I don't quite have enough resources and knowledge to make the dream a reality. I pray so Allah give me the opportunity to realize this dream, amiin :). There's a thin line dividing a dream and an ambition, with enough will and effort, your dream is already becomes an ambition and on its way to be a reality, i'Allah :)

Let's pray for our brothers and sisters who're oppressed in Ghaza and all around the world. Let's pray for the world to be a better place to live. Let's pray so all these prejudice, racism, and brutal mentality away from us. Let's pray for Allah to show his guidance to all of us, and for us to be guarded from the hell fire. May all the people who died in Ghaza accepted by Allah as His matyrs. May those who live in Ghaze be granted with Allah's will to survive and the strength to fight for their rights. Amiin :(.


clik on the banner above to proceed :)

4 comments:

  1. hafiz, jd ckgu je tak cukup! jadi warden skali ok! :D

    btw, good that u really have the passion in wht ure doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam :)..
    jd warden?ooh..blom ckup..
    nuh, position pengarah mara menanti..
    wahahaha..
    hope d spirit lasts long la,
    1 of d reasons I blog:
    serves as a reminder for me in d future,
    that i once had this kinda thinking..
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont quite agree with the engineer-teacher thing.

    you can still be a teacher when you are an engineer. I am a Mechanical Engineer graduate from UTP and now taking my master's degree also in UTP. Other than doing my studies, I become a tutor to teach the undergraduates.

    hence im a teacher. and still am an engineer. and I was a MARA product too. Im from MRSM Jasin, and I got the MARA scholarship during my undergraduate period.

    but the most important thing, i'm still a devoted muslim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam :)

    maybe somewhere in my post seemed offensive. I assure you I got nothing against engineering really :). In fact I love engineering sector so much that I adore all those engineers :D, especially muslim engineers, and a good muslim like you :).

    I'm just sharing my dilemma back then, when I couldn't think much of engineering. When I got the offer from Petronas, I know nothing bout engineering to be honest. Dunno what to expect and so on.

    Never in my attention to say an engineer couldn't be a good muslim, sorry if my post potrays otherwise :(. I know quite a lot now there're many engineers and engineers-gonna-be who're not only excel in their studies but also in Islamic matters.

    Thanks for your interest in my post, and for bothering yrself commenting on it :).

    ReplyDelete