Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st day of Summer Semester 2009 :)

Assalamualaikum :)..

Today (06012009) marked the 1st day of my summer school class :). History 103G.

Introductory class, introduction to global history. The question of whether the Europeans had always been dominating the Earth. The question of if there should be an empire more superior than the Europeans'. Just m
y thing, juz my thing :D :D. I'm gonna love this class, I pray, I hope, and I should..huhu.

This's what I learn today :). Well, the lecturer talks fast, loads of points in his lecture but not as much time to memorize and write all those. I wish my memory is as good when I was in my lower form..haiih.

There is never 1 story of the past. History is highly affected by historians, depending to which historians you're talking to. History could sometimes be selective; historians would take parts of the past, and compose a story out of it,
pretty darn rite?

History isn't objective. On one particular event, there could be many interpretation, depending on which side of historians you take your history from. For example, the West colonisation of the East. Our history might be a way for our historians to convey their ideology. 1 thing for sure, the past is much more complex than any history account could count for.

This's all for the introduction. We also learnt today how the Chinese Empire had been superior in term of economy, armed forces, and so much more. But my today's post would be focusing on the philosop
hy of history itself. :). So I think this is it for today :). Ah ye, the lecture also mentioned bout how great the Malay seafarers were. Their knowledge of the sea that contributes to economic growth of pre 15th century era :). How glad am I to hear that :). The Europeans had not always been the superior empire that dominates the Earth, it's our historians made us to look that way :).

Cheers :)
.
'welcome gift' for my 1st day of class this year..hehe..interesting..ade refreshment tu..hoho


p/s : Don't think I'd forget the cruelness of those blood thirsty being of zionists towards my brothers and sisters. I still condemn your lunatic, irresponsible, ruthless act. Allah's guidance be with whomever He please. May we become one of them. Amiin :). Those morons will pay for their act. Allah is the Most Just. Those bloody bastards wont laugh long, not forever.


Click on the banner above to proceed

No comments:

Post a Comment