Monday, October 3, 2011

Price-less sket~ :D :D

Assalamualaikum J

I was driving back from Penang to KB when I saw, well, not actually saw, but about 2-3 minutes late from an accident in action at Lebuhraya Timur Barat, around Banjaran Titiwangsa. Smoke rose from the scene which involved a Waja and a motorcycle. I don’t think anyone survived that event. The traffic stalled for about ½ an hour or so and I kept thinking about how devastating the accident was.

Just after passing the scene, I was still thinking about the accident, for the next 5 minutes. After that my attention was back on the road (which what I was supposed to do as a driver). That lead me thinking of how insignificant we are. We think our lives worth everything the sky and the earth can throw at us, but we tend to forget that the world won’t stop spinning, the Sun won’t explode, and even businesses won’t close their deals just because we’re no longer functioning as a human being. But we love to think that we’re the most significant beings and sometimes belittle others just because we see them not as our equals.

Death is a sarcastic comedy. We appreciate the fact that we’ll die someday. We know that we’re mortals. And we even know our average lifespans. But crucial yet very important information held from us is when and how are we going to face our destiny. If life is an equation, death is its constant. It’s no use living out life if we don’t know the crucial constant that matters. We can only guess from experience, we can only guess from symptoms but we cannot be so sure of the exact date or exact event that will lead to our own destruction.

Is what we’re doing right now worth it? If so, how can we be so sure? Have we looked at others who seem very confident with their way of life which we don’t share the same view with? Have we compared with others not the message we’re holding but the actions we’re taking when we firmly believe that we’re holding the truth? Is what we’re doing really worth it?

As someone who believes that there’ll be time of resurrection, I sometimes see life as a cruel drama. “You follow us, or you’ll be condemned to eternity”. When I look at others who share the same view as me but not necessarily the same direction, the rule of the game looks similar.

People might say I should be pitied for not able to make my own decision or even question the road I’m taking. To me, one of the greatest gifts given by the Almighty is the ability to think, the ability to choose right from wrong. The ability and courage to question our way of life before it’s too late. Answers come from questions. We have passed the period when we’re supposed to follow without fully understanding. At the end of the day, we’re responsible for our actions. At the end of the day, we’re responsible for the road we took, and we should use the time given to find out whether what we’re doing is worth our life, before it’s too late.

From dust to dust, and we are surely one heck of an arrogant type of dust.

Just sharing my 2cents.

Cheers :D :D

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one the most, "we are surely one heck of an arrogant type of dust" :)

    ReplyDelete