Friday, February 6, 2009

Only Spit Upwards Where Gravity Can't Haunt You :D

Assalamualaikum :)

1st of all, regarding my previous post:

'... so-called holocaust of 6 mil of Jews by the Nazis in the WWII ... might be a giant hoax of the century'

I know it sounds controversial. I never intended to be a holocaust denier (so as to be a holocaust supporter) as the knowledge I received isn't enuff for me to take side. The statement came out when I spent a little more than 4 hours of my life, watching this documentary -> "one third of holocaust". So, I'm humbly apologise if my statement somehow disturbing. :D.

2ndly
Man, I'm tired of this already. What's up with Malaysian politics? Didn't we finished our GE nearly a year ago? Juz do the job already. Stop arguing as who're supposed to be in power. The people have decide, so..?

Perak..
Haiih. 1st the case of 'hopping' party. Then to topple the elected state govt. I dont wanna discuss this issue here, as we can find a lot of relating resources all over the net. I'm just sick of this. With the media manipulating the situation (or being manipulated?).

Yes. The media. the so-called mainstream media!! the platform where we should get unbiased report of issues. Doubt me? Read Utusan Malaysia. Read how totally bias the newspaper towards govt. How extremely bias the reports against the opposition parties. The difference in their tone. I'm a supporter of neither (as I can't show my support in politics, yet), just, this is insane!

When Dato' Sri Anwar Ibrahim stated there would be several MPs from BN would change their side to PR, the response were absolutely thundering. With academic figures (not to mention political figures) stating the action is immoral , doesn't respect the country's law and the people's trust etc etc. But when the exact same thing happened to the other side of the political power, well, it's somehow, suddenly, acceptable.

I'm not critisizing the action of 'hopping' party here (I don't want to, not to say I'm agree or disagree). I want to critisize how the so-called mainstream media play their role. How Utusan Malaysia 'legalise' this action, where several months back, their voices towards the issue were different. Bear in mind that Utusan Malaysia isn't suppose to be a political party newspaper, unlike Harakah of course, where they state clearly they're sold for PAS members only.

They (Utusan Malaysia) abuse the trust given by the people to provide unbiased reports. They're more accessible and widely accepted by the people. So why then, they have an inclined views regarding to political matters?

Just to name a case:

How in Utusan Malaysia, it's repeatedly stated that Ir Nizar should respect the decision of the Sultan of Perak (they even put 'titah Sultan' in their report)
vs
Their reports of BN's reaction towards the Terengganu's when the Sultan decide not to accept BN's candidate for MB.

It's not the matter of who's right or wrong. Just deliver the news as they're. Don't put your political views in the reports. It is really, well, annoying. Coz we're not that dumb to not realize how bias you're.

It's like we're being forced to accept the 'formal' view of issues (can we say..brainwashed?). How can we decide when our source of information has clearly chose their side, when they should be neutral.

A country isn't all about politics. it's not about few people in power to make critical decision of the nation (as how history proves, the elites can be thrown out overnight) . It's about how we should work together to steer the country. The country isn't exclusively one's property. It's ours. Malaysians.

The situation here - as in my naive and unmatured - politically - views - seems like people are more willing to struggle for power rather than to struggle for the sake of the country. The never ending drama of the struggle for the prime spot in our small country's head of administration. Don't they get tired?

Just a humble reminder for Muslims. We should remember that we're all going to be judged. Try our best not to cross the limits set by Allah (as we have countlessly crossed, try to not add another). In front of Him, we're all going to be the same, regardless how powerful we might have been, or how many million (or even billion, or even more) dollars we have saved. What we might have now aren't supposed to be seen as priviledges, rather, liabilities. The more we enjoy our 'priviledges', the heavier the responsibilities are.

I'm sorry Utusan Malaysia. I'm just expressing my views. I didn't have any grudge against you though, it's just I'm sick of the situation rite now.


Jz sharin my 2cents. Cheers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment