Monday, December 29, 2008

Silat2 Sket~ :D

Assalamualaikum :)

In this post, I'd like to share my love in Silat (though I'm not that good in one) :).
I hope I'd be able to share my knowledge at the same time to increase mine :).
This is not a holy book, hence you are welcome to correct my mistakes if there're any :).

According to Tuan Guru Haji Anuar Abdul Wahab (Guru Utama Seni Gayong Fatani Malaysia),
Silat is a knowledge; the knowledge to defend oneself and belongs to Malaysians (note that he didn't use d word Malays).
The knowledge however, is inherited by the Malays.

As we all know (hopefully), Silat is a general term for martial art originated, and practiced by people from the Malay Archipelago.


http://etc.usf.edu/maps/pages/3100/3126/3126.jpg

Similar to the chinese martial art, e.g kung fu, there're many disciplines (aliran) in Silat.
In my post however, will be more focused towards the discipline of Seni Gayong Fatani, as I'm more familiar with this style of Silat.
It's not my intention to differentiate or worse to overestimate this style (and underestimate others), rather, it's only logical for me to talk something familiar to me (though I'm not dat good)..rite :)?

As there're terms which I can't translate to English (due to my lack of skills in English),
thus there'll be several parts where I'll just use Bahasa Melayu instead :).

Here we go..yosh!!

First stop, Sikap Pendekar/Falsafah Pendidikan Silat :)

"Pendekar ialah insan yang berilmu, beramal dan berkemahiran
dalam ilmu persilatan pada zahir dan batin
berteraskan adat seni budaya Melayu bersendikan syarak,
menggunakan ilmu di tempat yang betul demi kebenaran dan
keamanan dengan jiwa yang tenang serta berketerampilan
berlandaskan semangat kesatriaan yang luhur" - Tuan Guru Haji Anuar Abdul Wahab


Picture might not be related to the article :p

Too many of unfamiliar or flowery words? Rest assured the statement worth more than mere fancy words.

There're 20 keywords from the above statement of Sikap Pendekar/Falsafah Pendidikan Silat.

I'll explain them in my next post under this label i'Allah :).

Till then :).

Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment