Friday, August 14, 2009

Prepare to lose :D :D?

Assalamualaikum :)..


This is the sequel of my laptop's journey on a step further towards destruction (haha..no, no..I love my lappy..). From my previous post bout how my laptop suddenly crashed and unable to boot, Ubuntu has been the main operating system since. I still do plant some faith for Vista to revive and for everything to be normal, but the wait fruits nothing. So last week I clean format the PC to install Ubuntu to be my main and only operating system. The plan was to clean format the PC and to reinstall Vista (still can't let loose the dependency towards microsoft products..haiih..). Unfortunately the plan didn't go quite well. The PC didn't recognize Vista installer CD (great..huhu), and..yeah..Ubuntu stays.


The main point here is how it took me several weeks to finally determined to clean format the laptop, and to let go all the data (I put my very best effort to back them up of course..) and the factory settings of the laptop. It feels quite hard for me to let go of something, as I tend to keep everything though they're sometimes (well, nearly all the time..) just my excess baggage. To cut the story short, I feel quite good after reformatted my baby. Seemed to me I had a new opportunity to rebuild (aka mess) its 'interior', and somewhat I felt the burden of thinking bout all those 'excess baggages' gone for a while (well, at least till now..).

Lesson learnt?


We (well, for the likes of me at least..) should learn to let go. We (the same category as before..) tend to keep all the stuffs, problems and whatnot as we feel that they're somewhat precious and have their own values. The thing is, nothing is valueless. Just because they (things, persons, burdens, etc) enter our lives, doesn't mean they have to stay. Learn to let go and you'll be glad that you do i'Allah :D :D


Don't be afraid to try new things and to depend on something or someone we don't familiar with. The saying “Tak kenal maka tak cinta” doesn't go for nothing. Just because it seems like everyone's using Vista (same goes with XP, Seven, etc..) we are not that confident to try alternative operating systems (yes..Ubuntu isn't the only one..). The truth is, there are lots of people out there who have already paved the way for us. Just because everyone's doing things in one particular way, the alternatives are not totally unacceptable. Learn to open yourself towards change. The world isn't static. Energy is conserved, but entropy always increases i'Allah (1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics..hehe :p). Change is inevitable, but not everything can and should be changing. Choose wisely, learn wholeheartedly :D :D.


adieu~


Cheers :D :D

6 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum :)..
    hehe..
    guess je?
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikumsalam...
    morning Auckland!! (Malaysia's Time):)
    hehe..ok2..blum hbs bce lg la semalam..:p

    ~reading is accomplished~
    da comment:
    it's really true and correct..
    people rarely (well,nearly always do not..:p)feel positive towards changes..x ksh la dlm perubahan ape2 pun kan..
    just like racist in Malayia...something that really touch ur nerve isn't it?..:)

    however,yes..
    not everything can and should be changing..
    wise is da best policy...hee~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamualaikum :)..

    I'm glad somethin good can be scooped out from my post :D :D

    hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. ubuntu always to be good when situation like dis happen to someone, same thing happen to me..hehe..but i used dual-os..vista + ubuntu, change2 lar..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamualaikum awie :)..

    dats y la..
    i happened to also dual boot my system :)..
    n never regret for doing so..

    erm..Windows..still can't let go of the sense of needing it ait :)

    pesanan penaja:
    for a virus-free (extremely almost..) - and if apple seems to be too expensive - system..well..Ubuntu is a good place to start :)

    still..nak install vista balek~
    haha :p

    ReplyDelete