Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3rd Sem..yosh :D :D!!

Assalamualaikum :)..

It's been a very d beri2 while since my last post. It's already the end of the 1st half of the 1st semester 2009. Dun wanna keep my blog 'bersawang' for a long time. Got lots of stuff to share, lots of thing to say, too tired and too busy to write. Oh, lets also blame my mental-block illness in writing for not updating the blog (that is, if there's someone who actually cares about me updating my blog :p). It's been already a week of a 2-week holiday for Auckland Uni. students (yahoo!!(what kinda hols with lots of asmnt and lab reports to write huh?..haha)), so I'll try my best to take this opportunity to update the content of this blog. I'Allah :). So to break the ice, I'll talk a lil bout my papers this semester. Yosh!!

I'm doing 4 papers this semester, and oh..all physics. Erm, physics is not a physics (so far..) unless you're immersed (voluntarily or forcefuly) into the realm of labs. Oohh yess..the labs. I got 2 3-hour labs per week and 1 3-hour lab fortnightly. So, I got this lab craze every 2 weeks, where my week will be filled with 3 3-hour labs (terbaek kan..huhu).

PHYSICS 211 (Analytical Techniques in Physical Sciences 3):

One serious class to substitute Maths 253 and Maths 260. This is basically a Maths course, taught in a physical science point of view. So you don't have to prove theorems for no apparent reason (in physics PoV of course :p). This is the smallest class for me so far, 15 students enrolled for the class, bout 13 appear regularly for lectures. We're gonna endure one 3-hour MATLAB lab fortnightly, 8 assingments, and finally 2 tests. Why do I took the chances of taking the course which no one tried before? Well, 1stly, obviously I'd wanna avoid Maths 253. 2ndly, I'd wanna reduce the burden for next semester for this course also equivalent to Maths 260, which I have to do next semester. 3rdly, to teach myself the sense of independence, try to do something which no one did before, hence, try not to depend on others so much. Wish me luck :).

PHYSICS 213 (The Geophysical Environment); Physics 230 (Materials and Waves) and Physics 240 (Networks and Electronics):

Nothing much to say bout these courses, they're precluded in our 'schedule' prepared by the university. The interesting part for Physics 230 and Physics 240 is, unlike 1st stage Physics (e.g Physics 150, 120) stage 2 physics labs don't depend on the course per se (do I use this word correctly :p?)(i.e. you're not assigned to different experiment for a single subject (240 and 230)). You do the same lab for both papers. The only thing is, maybe there's an experiment or two which you are required to do in order to pass the paper (this info is especially intended for our physics juniors..take note :) ). Oh, as I'm doing physics 230 and physics 240 in one semester, I'd have to do 2 lab sessions per week (1 session = 3 hours). So, there goes my weekdays. The training to become a physicist (be it a physics teacher, or wherever that may require my service later :) ). Oh..regarding the subjects which I intended to sacrifise this semester..erm..
Physics 230 and Physics 213. 2 out of 4 subjects isn't a good decision kan. So..waahh!!gotta strive for all subject la camnih..yosh!!


p/s: Thanks to Sho, the one responsible for introducing this heart touching memories of high school song to me (ooh I'm not gay jz becoz I say heart touchin yeah..huhu)


AKB48 - 桜の花びらたち2008 (Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008)

Cheers :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment